WPATH is an international organization which focuses on global issues in transgender health. More local advocacy and policy can often be best accomplished by WPATH-affiliated regional associations. Each PATH has the advantage of WPATH affiliation while being able to focus activity and advocacy on the issues most important to that part of the world.
All US members of WPATH will automatically be members of USPATH. USPATH will be a nonprofit organization and will form when a Board of Directors is elected by the US members of WPATH. Then that board will solidify bylaws, organize committees, and conduct business under the WPATH umbrella.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE USPATH BYLAWS
USPATH 2023 Scientific Symposium
Westminster, CO (Denver Metro Area)
November 1 – 6, 2023
Pre-courses will be held on Wednesday, November 1 and Thursday, November 2, 2023. Opening session will be held at 5:00pm on Thursday, November 2, and the main conference sessions will be held from Friday, November 3 through Monday, November 6, 2023.
Submission Deadline: Friday, June 2, 2023 at 11:59pm Eastern Time (GMT-4)
Invitation to Participate
The United States Professional Association for Transgender Health (USPATH) invites the submission of abstracts for Oral and Poster sessions as well as State-of-the-Art Symposia to be considered for presentation at the USPATH 2023 Scientific Symposium (November 1 – 6, 2023).
With the continued success of the WPATH and USPATH Scientific Symposia, we are thrilled to be able to bring you the USPATH scientific content via both an in-person and a virtual platform that will include plenary sessions, oral abstract sessions, mini symposia, as well as access to the posters. Courses that run concurrently will be recorded and available to watch later. This format will allow attendees to watch live or recorded sessions and receive credit hours for both.
The Steering Committee will work to schedule a program that will offer a great educational experience with a variety of viewing options. Our goal remains the same; to promote evidence-based care, education, research, public policy, and respect in transgender health.
- The USPATH Scientific Symposium in Denver will take place November 1st through the 7th at The Westin Westminster Hotel. Located at 10600 Westminster Blvd, Westminster, Colorado.
- The focus of the USPATH Scientific Symposium in Denver is on gender-affirming healthcare for transgender, non-binary, and gender non-conforming individuals. The conference aims to provide education, research, and networking opportunities for healthcare professionals and advocates in this field.
- The types of sessions offered at the USPATH Scientific Symposium in Denver will include keynote presentations, panel discussions, workshops, poster sessions, and networking events. Topics covered may include hormone therapy, surgery, mental health, legal issues, and more related to gender-affirming healthcare.
- A member of WPATH proposed a candidate for a chapter workgroup member by sending a letter of nomination, including address of the recommended new member, to the Executive Director (ED) of the Society No, there are no restrictions against submitting abstracts that have been accepted to another conference.
- After the abstract submission(s) close and the Scientific Steering Committee selects abstracts for presentation. As soon as that information is available, we will post it on our website.
- Symposium attendees will be eligible to claim CE’s for attendance. We will have more information about the number and types of CE’s available after abstract submissions close, and the Scientific Steering Committee selects abstracts for presentation.
- It is possible that there will be an exhibit hall at the USPATH Scientific Symposium in Denver, where industry representatives can showcase their products and services related to gender-affirming healthcare. Check the conference website or program for information on exhibitors.
- USPATH Presenters are not required to attend in-person in order to present at the Symposium. For the USPATH 2023 Scientific Symposium, all accepted presenters will be required to submit their presentation recordings prior to the scheduled conference, for upload to our virtual conference platform.
Back to top of FAQ
USPATH Board OF DIRECTORS (MEMBERS-AT-LARGE)
Madeline Deutsch, MD, MPH
Carl Streed Jr., MD, MPH, FACP
Jo Olson-Kennedy, MD, MS
(2021 – 2023)
Caroline Davidge-Pitts, MBBCh
Zil Goldstein, MSN, FNP-BC
Lisa Griffin, PhD
Courtney Ridley, MD, facog
(2022 – 2024)
Jason Schneider, MD
Julie Thompson, PA
September 17, 2022
I am pleased to announce awardees for the Inaugural USPATH President's Discretionary Fund Equity Stipend . . .
August 26, 2022
I would like to announce a very special effort we are taking to increase equity and representation of people of color at the 2022 Conference, in USPATH, and in the field of transgender health.. . .
May 4, 2022
. . . USPATH recently released a detailed Position Statement including line-by-line scientific rebuttals to the harmful and disappointing policy from the Florida Department of Health, which builds upon harmful actions in Texas and Arkansas. . .
March 31, 2022
USPATH letter regarding International Transgender Day Of Visibility. I write you today on this International Transgender Day Of Visibility. A day where trans, non-binary, and gender expansive people, including myself, celebrate our identities, accomplishments, and achievements, while at the same time highlighting the struggles and discrimination we face in our daily lives. . . .
January 21, 2022
USPATH letter regarding first month of 2022. . .I am thinking about the intersection between possibility and uncertainty. At a societal level, we’re in yet the next round of covid whiplash, as the omicron variant runs wild in our communities and schools . . .