Benefits and activities you receive as a member of WPATH:
- Subscription to the quarterly International Journal of Transgenderism, including online access and electronic access to back issues
- Access to all WPATH online resources, including our searchable member database, 24 hours a day from any computer
- The Standards of Care - ethical guidelines for professionals working in the field online and in book form
- Ability to participate in the Online Public Referral Program (additional $25 fee applies)
- The WPATH Update – The Board of Directors quarterly update.
- Opportunities to impact the field of transgender health in a special interest area such as Public Policy, Advocacy & Liaison, Archives, Child & Adolescence, Ethics, Disorders of Sex Development, Legal Issues, Membership & Website, Symposium, Standard of Care Revision, Transgender Medicine and Research Committees.
- Member-to-member networking via our website forum and two listservs–general membership and Transmedicine Discussion Listserv
- Links to referrals and other gender resources
- Discounted registration fee to the Biennial symposium – held in the US and internationally, the Symposium brings together the latest research in the field of transgender health and offers an opportunity to network with colleagues
- The Opportunity to Vote for Association Officers and Board members (full members only)
**IMPORTANT MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION– PLEASE READ**Membership dues cover January through December of each calendar year, or any portion thereof before October 1. Membership renewals are due by December 31 for the current calendar year. A late fee of $20 will be charged for all dues renewals received after the December 31 deadline.
Unless otherwise specified, all dues payments received on or after October 1 will be applied to the following calendar year, and will not appear in the online directory until that time. Members who do not renew their dues by October 1 of the current year will not receive their complimentary issues of the International Journal of Transgenderism, and will have to complete a new application for the following year.
Please note all names, addresses, phone and fax numbers, email addresses, and affiliations of Association members are listed in the online Membership Directory. The Membership Directory is only viewable by current members online, however the public, including non-members seeking professional referrals, may request a printed copy for $20. Members can opt to not be included in the public directory by checking the box in their membership profile.
The online membership application carries an 8% surcharge for all credit card charges to cover the cost of the transaction. Individuals wishing to pay by check or money order should choose the "Invoice Me" option on the next page.
The Association Welcomes Applications for the Following Types of Memberships:Full professional membership is available to professionals working in disciplines such as medicine, psychology, law, social work, counseling, psychotherapy, family studies, sociology, anthropology, speech and voice therapy and sexology. Full membership costs $175 (US) per year, and carries voting privileges within the Association.
Supporting membership is available to individuals who do not work in the professional disciplines listed above, but still have an interest in being an active member of the organization. Supporting membership costs $175 (US) per year, and carries no voting privileges.
Emeritus membership is for current members of the Association who have been full members of the Association for the previous three years consecutively and are fully retired, making them eligible for a reduced membership rate set currently at $120 (US). Emeritus members carry full voting privileges within the Association.
Student membership is available at $95 (US) per year. Student membership carries no voting privileges, and requires sponsorship and recommendation by a full member along with proof of current full-time status as a graduate student in a program directly related to transgender health.